[SasView Users] Inquiry Regarding Model Fitting

Stephen King - STFC UKRI via users users at lists.sasview.org
Tue Jan 9 12:06:34 EST 2024

Dear Constantina,

Thank you for your email.

By emailing the SasView Users list you are reaching out to all those Users signed up to that list, as well as members of the SasView development team. So you may get multiple replies.

You can modify the raspberry model yourself.

You will find the files in C:\SasView-5.0.6\sasmodels\models (or the equivalent path for where you have installed SasView). There are two files:

                raspberry.py
                raspberry.c

Copy these to your plugin models folder (eg: C:\Users\<yourusername>\.sasview\plugin_models, and rename them; maybe core_shell_raspberry?

Edit core_shell_raspberry.py and change these two lines to reflect the name changes:

                name = "raspberry"                                                         #the name of the model must match the name of the file
                source = ["lib/sas_3j1x_x.c", "raspberry.c"]

At this point, if you save the files and start SasView you should be able to load a model called core_shell_raspberry from the Plugin category and use it (although, of course, at this point it is still the normal raspberry model). If this works, then you can modify these two files to meet your requirements.

There is information on what these files contain, and therefore what you may need to change, here:

                https://www.sasview.org/downloads/creating_custom_fitting_models_in_sasview_v5.pdf

                https://www.sasview.org/docs/user/qtgui/Perspectives/Fitting/plugin.html

Does this help answer your query?

Kind regards,