[SasView Users] Inquiry regarding fitting the SAXS data

Paul Butler via users users at lists.sasview.org
Wed Apr 17 10:46:44 EDT 2024

Hi Rini,

Just to clarify your question. I assume you are saying that the “raspberry
model,” which was developed by the Pozzo group at the University of
Washington to model pickering emulsions is not suitable for your case and
you have developed your own plugin model?

Or is the question how to write a plugin model based on a model you have
developed theoretically? Or is the question that your plugin does not allow
you to multiply a structure factor with it?. Or are you wanting to write
your own structure factor plugin? If in fact that next to last is what you
are looking for, that should be pretty straightforward. Basically you will
need to define the effective radius for interactions in your plugin model
as described here:
https://www.sasview.org/docs/user/qtgui/Perspectives/Fitting/plugin.html#form-factors

If you also want to be able to include the beta approximation option you
will also need to calculate the F(Q) in your model (currently would require
a c model) and declare that Fq is available in the python part of your
model as described here:
https://www.sasview.org/docs/user/qtgui/Perspectives/Fitting/plugin.html#structure-factors

Finally, if you want to create a structure factor you just need to include
that flag (structure_factor=true) as explained here:
https://www.sasview.org/docs/user/qtgui/Perspectives/Fitting/plugin.html#model-definition

Also we now have a tutorial on writing custom models available here:
https://www.sasview.org/downloads/creating_custom_fitting_models_in_sasview_v5.pdf

Let me know if any of this helps, if you need more information, or if you
are looking for something completely different

Stay safe

Paul Butler

developer team member