[SasView Users] Sum Multi Function Version 4.2.2

Richard Heenan - UKRI STFC via users users at lists.sasview.org
Tue Apr 7 07:33:07 EDT 2020

Dear Karina,
I think that the answer for sasview 4.2.2 is "local monodisperse", the same S(Q) is used for all radii in a polydisperse form factor. The default addition of an S(Q) ties the radius used in the S(Q) to the mean radius from the P(Q).  Creating a P(Q)S(Q) product in the "plugin model" editor instead allows a different "effective radius" in the S(Q) to that from the P(Q)

>From sasview 4.3 we started to add some further functionality, which is now even further improved in sasview 5 where an option to include the beta(Q) decoupling approximation is introduced. This damps out oscillations due to S(Q) to allow at least approximately for the effects of polydispersity and/or non-spherical particle shapes. Sasview 5 also allows, where appropriate, for different choices of which radius  to use in the S(Q), for example for a cylinder, the half length, the radius or the diagonal radius.

For greater detail I would recommend downloading sasview 5 and reading the improved documentation in that version.

Regards
Richard Heenan