[Sasview-users] CoreShellBicelle Model help

Niki BACCILE niki.baccile at ...16...
Mon Nov 30 13:58:09 EST 2015

Dear Users

Can anyone provide some help on the CoreShellBicelle Model (1D
version) developed in SasView and referring to the documentation below?

http://www.sasview.org/docs/user/models/model_functions.html#coreshellbicellemodel

The following is not clear to me:

1) It is said that that the CoreShellBicelle Model is developed on the
basis of the CoreShell Cylinder. I suppose that what it means is that
if one squeezes a cylinder in its length (Radius>>Length), one obtains
a bicelle morphology from a cylinder. However, in the Bicelle standard
parameters, it is the contrary, Length (400)>>Radius(20). Is this
normal?

2) In the CoreShellCylinder model, the Shell surrounds the Core in the
axial direction, parallel to the length of the cylinder, as shown in
http://www.sasview.org/docs/user/models/model_functions.html#coreshellcylindermodel

Now, if I "squeeze" the cylinder in its length to make it a bicelle, I
suppose that the shell will then correspond to the Rim Thickness of
the bicelle. Is this correct? Or I did not figure this out at all in
the rigth way and the Shell of the cylinder actually corresponds to
the Face Thickness?

Thank you very much for your help.

Niki