[SasView Users] Background subtraction with multiple datasets

Stephen King - UKRI STFC stephen.king at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Nov 15 05:31:49 EST 2018

Hello Matt,

Is this 1D or 2D data you are talking about? And raw data or reduced data?

There is a tool in SasView which will let you do what you want with two already reduced datasets, but one subtraction at a time. In truth, what you want to do is not what SasView was  designed for. That should be something the data reduction software at whichever facility you collected the data can sort out for you. Have you talked to your local contact.

Otherwise, packages that might meet your needs are DAWN and Mantid which are python-based and can be scripted. Possibly Irena and FIT2D also.

Kind regards,

Steve King

(for the development team)