[Sasview-users] how to run sasview on Ubuntu 14.04 or 16.04 LTS 64 bit

Andrew Jackson andrew.jackson at ...631...
Fri May 19 10:28:58 EDT 2017

Hi Martin

I'm currently able to run SasView on Centos 7 and Ubuntu 16.04.

Other users have seen the segfaults which seem to stem from compiling the models, which I suspect is somehow related to OpenCL but I haven't had chance to dig into the depths of it yet.

I really need to get the linux build instructions updated ...

Do you have the backtrace/error messages you get on the console after run.py crashes?

Cheers
Andrew
______________________________________
Andrew Jackson
Instrument Scientist - Small Angle Scattering
Deputy Head of Neutron Instruments Division
European Spallation Source, P.O Box 176, SE-221 00 Lund, Sweden
Adjunct Associate Professor (Adjungerad Lektor)
Physical Chemistry, Lund University, P.O. Box 124, SE-221 00, Lund, Sweden

Phone: +46 46 888 3015
Mobile: +46 72 179 2015
E-mail: a<mailto:andrew.jackson at ...631...>ndrew.jackson at ...631...

www.esss.se