[Sasview-users] Regarding extraction or separate plot of structure factor, form factor and size distribution

Paul Butler butlerpd at ...4...
Fri Jun 10 12:21:48 EDT 2016

Hi Vikram,

I'm afraid you have identified a feature that is not yet present in SasView
though we have had several requests and it is "in the queue" of tickets for
feature requests.  Unfortunately our limited resources (mostly volunteer -
if you know of anybody who is interested in contributing please have them
contact us) are focussed primarily on getting the next release 4.0 finished
and out. That release is a major restructuring under the hood of how models
are implemented that addresses the biggest issue from more advanced users
that it be simple to add SasView models (C or python and which work just
like built in models).  It also is adding GPU support to help speed up
calculations.

You can of course get SQ and P(Q) with the full model on the same plot (not
sure about the distribution function) but it is ugly and a bit tedious.
Basically you would check the theory curve and freeze it. Copy the
parameters to clipboard then change the model to P(Q) only which should now
show the P(Q) curve on top of the full curve and data.  Freeze this theory
curve again then choose the S(Q) model of interest and paste the parameters
from the clipboard.  You may have to hit "compute" after that not sure.  As
I said .. .ugly but right now best we can do.  Of course you can save the
curves as points in a file for future plotting in another package.

Unfortunately I don't think we can plot the polydispersity function at all
right now which is clearly not ideal.  I have added your request to the two
tickets already open for these requests and suggest they maybe should rise
higher in the priority list for our next code camp in October.

Hope this helps for now

Cheers

Paul